Room partitions are used for a range of motives. They are just perfect if you want to hide a messy or incomplete area, they can also form more serviceable interplanetary for loading in an open notion design. The curtain is the ideal and a simple way to divide a bedroom so as to create each occupant with privacy and space. You can also avoid more bodies and create more space instead and the good thing is that they are affordable.
Curtains combined with drapes will effectively make amazing room dividers, it not only gives you the opportunity of defining different parts of the house but also adds pattern, color, and texture in an ornate feature that can be updated or altered in a whim. They are as well epitome choices for where you want the shape, privacy of the space to be adapted and for floor strategies, especially where you don’t want to sustain the cost of a framed wall. They even generate the dramatic stage feel.
Procedures to create a room divider with curtains
- The first step: Usually, the measurement that the curtains have to span will frequently define the floppy method. So that is why you have to start by measuring where you want to put the curtains to divide the space.
- The second step: Pick a hanging technique. If you wish to divide a large space then its best to hang the curtain from ceiling-mounted tracks or wires. If it’s a passageway or across an opening, a wall mounted track or a basic pole is very ideal for hanging the curtains. You can also opt for a thick pole that is mounted on closet mounts if it’s for bridging narrow rooms, it really works well.
- The third step: Proceed to select a fabric weight. If sound stifling and privacy are the main concerns, then thick curtain is the perfect choice since its visually heavy. And if the motive is to sustain light transmission all over the space then sheer curtains will work best especially if the divider is more of a decorative feature.
- The final step: Choose a fabric panache from amid vast variety of available patterns, textures, and colors. Also, pick a fabric that is grounded in your budget and one that has a look that will match your other ornamental features in the room then lastly an appealing appearance to you.
Mounting in a passageway
- First step: Enlist an assistant to help you hold the curtain rod in a position against the wall, then use a 24-inch level to plaid the rod for the level.
- Second step: You can either mark the hanger locations on the opening side or on the wall.
- Third step: You can check if the hangers are not positioned over studs using 20-pound wall anchors and also screw the hangers and check stud location on either the opening side using a stud finder. The screws are normally supplied.
- Fourth step: Hang the curtains by simply placing them on a track or rod.
Installing transversely a slender room
- 1st step: Begin by measuring in from one end wall and up from the floor so as to determine the position of your first closet rod base. Also, measure in a similar space on the reverse wall then make a mark.
- 2nd step: Look for studs below the mount position, use a stud finder to check. If there is none under the mark then it’s either you adjust the mount’s location or be ready to use 50 nicker steel wall anchors for the stand’s screw.
- 3rd step: After marking the locations you can then hold the mount that is in a closed circle and finally mark the screw on the holes.
- 4th step: Using the supplied screws, screw the mount to the wall. You can also opt for driving 50-pound wall anchors as required, then screw the mount to the anchors.
- 5th step: Compress a .24 inch to a 2-inch thick pole and slither it to the wall. While checking for level and raising you should be holding the rod as necessary.
- 6th step: The U shaped shaft should be slide just right under the pole. Finally, eliminate it just as you did with the first mount.
- 7th step: Finish by hanging the curtains on the rod and the mount in the abode.
Fitting ceiling hung barriers
- Step one: Use a stud finder to locate and mark the joists.
- Step two: You can look for someone to assist you to hold the track in position while you screw the holes so that they can line with joists.
- Step three: By using the screw supplied, screw the tracks.
- Step four: Mount the curtains in the track brackets after attaching the hangers to the curtain.